We understand that the first days, weeks, and months of employment are filled with excitement, a wealth of information, and many questions. To that end, we’re here to provide you with the help and support needed for success in your new role.
We hope you will return to this onboarding site, and these checklists, as a needed resource if you have additional questions about your benefits, job expectations, or whom to contact if you need more assistance.
- Expect a call from your manager/department head/human resources representative:
- Confirm start date, time, place, parking, dress code, etc.
- Discuss your computer needs and requirements.
- Review your benefits options.
- If you have a leadership role at MIT, visit the Executive Onboarding web pages.
- Complete key tasks on the New Hire Activity page:
- Set up your Kerberos account
- Enroll your cellphone and/or a landline in Duo, MIT's two-factor authentication service.
- Obtain a certificate on each browser you use
- Check what hire documentation, including proof of eligibility to work in the United States, you may need for your first day.
- Learn about your different commuting options.
- Register for your in-person New Employee Orientation session.